Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Love and Marriage, Love and Marriage...

Skip and I attended a marriage seminar at West Ridge a month or two ago. One idea we took from the seminar is a Because I love you card... This card is designed to show your spouse that you do things for them simply because you love them. It also serves to make you think of nice things to do for your spouse (I needed help in this category). You are suppose to pass the card back and forth. It is a little bit of a game and challenge. It causes a little bit of sneakiness which I am very good at. Skip is not and gets caught all the time.

Skip and I have been passing it back and forth.
I will leave it with a tube of chapstick... Skip is addicted to chapstick.. he calls it 'chappy'. He will get my car detailed... I will leave the card on a carton of ice cream.. He will give me an iTunes gift card.. I will leave the card on a package of Cheese Its White Cheddar.. He will run a bath, candles, music and put the kids to bed.

Are you seeing a pattern here? I really think I need to pick it up a notch. I welcome any ideas.....Keep them G rated if you comment here.

This card has been very fun for us ( I should probably speak for myself as noted by the pattern above). You can find more about the Because I love you card at www.intimatemarriages.org

3 comments:

Angela Richardson said...

Woohoooo Jennifer! Welcome to the blogging world. You have done a FABULOUS job! I love your post too. You guys are doing great on the Because I Love you card. Most people have probably dropped the ball by now...but not Skip and Jen!

I'll have to think of ideas and get back to you.

Shopping Mom said...

WOW! I am impressed! Maybe with all this time I have on my hands this summer, I will try to create a blog also! :-) Way to go! Love the "Because I love you" card idea, but I definitely think you need to kick it up a notch or two. Maybe cook him dinner, and a back rub, of course it would help your evening if the kids were somewhere else! :-)Hollie

Shopping Mom said...

WOW! I am impressed! Maybe with all this time I have on my hands this summer, I will try to create a blog also! :-) Way to go! Love the "Because I love you" card idea, but I definitely think you need to kick it up a notch or two. Maybe cook him dinner, and a back rub, of course it would help your evening if the kids were somewhere else! :-)Hollie