Friday, January 16, 2009

Gilcrease Bow Tie Pasta Salad

If you know me, you know I am not a cook. I cook because I need to feed my family. Other than that, I get very little enjoyment out of it. Due to my lack of enthusiasm, my end product is usually lacking. My most awesomest hubby is a fantastic cook and loves to cook. So, we make a great pair.

There is one thing that I can cook well. I guess it involves more cutting and mixing than cooking but I think it will fall into the category of cooking. I decided to add this recipe to my blog. My buddy, Crumbs in my butter, adds recipes and they are always yummy.

Gilcrease Bow Tie Pasta Salad


Salad:
8 ounce Bow Tie Pasta, cooked
½ green bell pepper, diced
½ red bell pepper, diced
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (Hint: Use the basil sun dried tomatoes feta cheese)
1 celery rib thinly sliced, optional ( I do not add celery- personal preference)
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
Chopped olives, optional ( I do not add Olives- again preference)
¼ cup pasta salad dressing

Dressing:
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
¼ cup olive oil
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 green onion thinly sliced
1 garlic clove minced
1 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried tarragon
¼ tsp salt
Whisk together salad dressing ingredients

Make the night before. Add ½ of the dressing the night before and the remaining amount before serving.

Garnish with Fresh basil and Plum Tomato wedges right before serving.

I usually double the recipe since bow tie pasta comes in 16 ounce boxes at Publix.

Bon Apetite

No comments: