Thursday, July 31, 2008

Deer v. Jennifer

Deer 1
Jennifer 0

We had a great Community Makeover this past weekend. It was with 8 churches where we were all sent out on Community projects. We did a mini-home makeover on our friends home, the Mucinos. More about that later. Well, this wonderfully crazy weekend ended Sunday night with a Celebration Service. Over 6000 people were in attendance. It was awesome: Great music, Great Message, Great energy, Great friends.... see www.engageatlanta.com

I had to go to the bathroom so badly during the service (TMI-probably). Waverly and I decided to go through Taco Bell Drive-thru, knowing I really had to go.. We were in the drive thru 27 minutes. I was really put off by this point, hungry, tired, and urgently needed a rest room. We pulled out of Taco Bell and then 1 mile later.. Boom... A huge buck jumped out in front of me.. Bam.. Me and the deer collided. My car immediately started smoking. Thankfully, we were not hurt. The deer ran off. I tried to find it. Skip asked me if I was going to give it Mouth to Mouth.. I probably would've tried. I was very concerned about the deer. Our delay at Taco Bell may have made this scenario just a property damage inconvenience. Any other type of impact could have been tragic.

So here is the picture.. 11:00 pm, Sunday night, Hwy 92, Waverly in a smoking car, me on the side of the road looking for a dead or hurt deer and Scott Roma comes walking down the street. Yep, I was crying.. My daughter did not cry but I blubbered.. that seems to be a common theme in the most recent posts. My buddy, Angela called to reassure me the deer was probably in a coma.

The damage to my car was over $5k. Here is a photo:


Here is the evidence:

No comments: