Saturday, September 6, 2008

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!



College football has started. I can't wait to get to Auburn for a game. My dad and Grant went to the game last week. I think we will go to the Auburn v TN game and the Auburn v. UGA game. Grant is all into the games. He had to wear his Brad Lester jersey today and we had to get the shakers out. I almost watched most of the UGA game with him. For those that know me, that was a HUGE task on my part. I am trying to be more supportive for my dear husband's sake (he is a UGA grad). I can't say I actively cheered but I did not critize once... not even once. That is like a Italian Catholic from Boston sitting through a Mississippi Southern Baptist sermon without one snicker, snub, doubt or comment(or vice versa). I was very proud of myself. Actually, it is about time I grew up a little. I told my husband a few months ago that I would be more supportive of UGA. I can't say that I would be okay with one of my kids going there because that is probably more than I can swallow.... I mean ever! My Mom would probably have a fit. But I can watch a game on a Saturday. I promise to never bark (not real lady-like if you ask me)! I promise that I will not sing Auburn songs over the UGA band even though they ARE Auburn songs. I promise to not cheer when the other team scores.

No comments: